career

Dealing with future goals and life decisions

9/14/2015

I had a lot of time to think about my future goals - I am at a strange point in my life, when I am still trying to figure out who I am and who I want to be. I know at 25 years old it should be already clear to me, but I keep struggling and changing my mind. I don´t know what it is - things change and so do my goals - is that bad? I guess it is just life. How do you handle life changing decision and setting new goals?

This is more of a personal post, so I guess you are not going to get a lot of useful information here - sorry about that :) But I think it is important to see other people struggling with the same problems and not make everything seem just peachy - we al have problems and crazy thoughts, am I right? So I guess if I am writing about happy things, I will be honest about my issues as well - at least try to be as honest as I can.

Lately I have been a 50% go with the flow person and 50% stick to the plans person. But life always suprises me and things just change. 4 months ago I found out I was pregnant and I had to reasses my life right then and there - what does adding a baby in the mix mean to us as a family? What does it mean for my career and job goals? It was clear - I wanted this baby so bad and everything else came second. Me and my partner knew we wanted to stay together as we have been living together for a while now, so the choice was easy - we are happily expecting a little boy. But we wanted to move in another country and get jobs there - now this is not happening for a year. We chose to have our baby in a stabil enviroment, with a steady income, surrounded by family and friends. But we wanted our careers so bad before - now they come second. During my pregnancy I have learnt I love to sew for my little with my existing love for design and blogging - so I am now thinking I would love to continue doing that and starting my own business. Being a Jounalist at some magazine or TV station for current event seems so doll in comparisement to making my own business with my hobbies work. Is that just a temporary feeling? I have no idea. I decided I am making this my priority now and I will reasess my situation when my baby outgrows his newborn stage. And I am finishind my Masters Degree in a short few months, during my pregnancy. This is the plan for now.

How do you guys deal with life changes? Do your goals change often? I have written about figuring out you goals already and I have been doing all those things to make me feel at ease with my life. The thing is - there is no right or wrong path in life, there are only decisions that make our life go in some direction. Thats what makes me feel calm when I am freaking out about my future. Plus, I am so happy about my baby, it is crazy! He is the best thing that happened in my life, in our lives.


M.

You Might Also Like

0 komentarji