Drinking enough water a day10/05/2015
am guilty of not drinking enough water daily - I have been thinking a
lot about that lately, trying to be as healthy as I can during my
pregnancy. Water makes up about 60% of your body weight, which is hard
to imagine, isn´t it? Every cell in your body depends on water, which
flushes toxins out of your vital organs, carries nutrients and much
more. You cannot go without water, you now that and as an adult you
should try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Maybe even more,
depending on different factors. Lets all enjoy the healthy benefits of
sufficient water intake, which will make us feel and look healthy.
How much water should you drink a day?
- When thirsty, drink.
- When not thirsty anymore, stop.
- During high heat and exercise, drink enough to compensate for the lost fluids.
Do other fluids count toward you total?
Signs of not drinking enough water
- Dry mouth - chances are, you are mildly dehydrated and it is time for a drink!
- Headache -a lot of headaches are caused by dehydration and people could often avoid them by just drinking enough.
- Darker-coloured urine - this one is kind of yucky, but it is a very easy way to know that you are not drinking enough. Be aware of that sign.
- Hunger - sometimes hunger means thirst..
- Feeling tired and sleepy
- Dry skin
- Increased heart rate
- Constipation and Digestive Problems