5 Things You Need to Make a Part of Your Beauty Routine6/16/2015
Every girl goes through trial and error when it comes to make-up and it´s o so scary to try new things and venture in the unknown when there are so much products and brands on the market. When I first started wearing make-up I remember thinking I would never wear a blush, because I hate my red cheeks and I could never understand why girls put on a highlighter, when their skin is already oily. If you´re reading this and thinking to yourself ˝That´s what I said!˝ I´m here to tell you we were both wrong! Let´s look into 5 things you need to make a part of your beauty routine, today.
1. Always apply primerI use to think it´a an unnecessary step that will not only NOT help my oily skin but also make my foundation look cakey. Trick is finding the one that suits your skin type. I have been using Loreal Infallible Mattifying Base for a while now and I can say it really works. I find it diminishes my pores and leaves my skin smooth and matte. The foundation just glides on and it leaves my skin looking, for the lack of a better word, flawless. I will not lie to you, this will not mattify you skin for the whole day if you have really oily skin like me, but it will help tremendously.
|Loreal Infallible Mattifying Base|
2. Mix Foundations to suit your preferenceI don´t know about you, but no matter how hard I try I can never find the perfect foundation. It´s either too light, dark, sheer,... Also it is impossible to wear the same foundation shade throughout the year. So before you throw it away or walk around with 3 shades lighter foundation, try mixing foundations together. This way you can create a perfect shade, texture and coverage foundation for any season and occasion. My favourite mix at the moment is Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation in 201-Classic Beige (Dewy and darker) and Catrice All Matt plus in 010-Light Beige (lighter with matte finish and thicker)
|Catrice All Matt plus (left) and Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation (right)|
3. Before you use mascara, curl your lashesI have been dreading this scary little device that will poke my eyes out for a few years before I actually tried it and didn´t hurt at all, ha ha. Even better my lashes were curled, my eyes looked more open and you get the picture. But, honestly using a Lash Curler will make a huge difference in your make-up game, especially if your using fake lashes.
4. Highlight, highlight, highlight!Another product essential in your make-up bag. I am talking brow bone, cupids bow, inner eye corner and cheeks. A little bit of highlighter on those areas will brighten your face and finish up the look. I used to use highlighter only on special occasions but it has become a part of my daily routine. I absolutely love Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder in the shade 010-Fairy Dust for my cheeks, which gives a golden sheen. A powder highlighter is perfect for oily skin. And for other highlighting areas I use Catrice Eyebrow Lifter in a creamy pencil form, which is a pinker shade.
|Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder (left) and Catrice Eyebrow Lifter (right)|
5. Blush, babyAnd lastly is the blush I´ve been scared to use due to my naturally red cheeks. But after applying foundation the face can look dull and unnatural. That is why you with a light hand off course and a natural sheer color blush we add a bit of dimension. I usually apply it a bit above the apples of the cheeks and blend it up words. My fave choice at the moment is Mac´s Sheertone Blush - Peaches which I already talked about in last weeks post.
|Mac´s Sheertone Blush - Peahes|
Have you ever been afraid to try any make-up products? And I would love to hear about your make-up mistakes in the past. Let me know in the comments and be sure to check back again for more beauty posts, coming next Tuesday. Until then, have a blast and thank you for reading.